An experienced sales assistant who enjoys client interaction, working on a shop floor and selling to the public. Articulate with excellent negotiating skills and an ability to provide a highly personalized service to customers. Able to make sure that goods are attractively displayed and confident enough to assist unsure customers with product selection.
Looking to continue a career as a sales assistant with a suitable position in a retail environment.
Retail Department Store – Coventry
SALES ASSISTANT June 2014 - Present
Working in a retail environment providing exceptional customer service and demonstrating product knowledge to maximize sales. Responsible for greeting customers with a smile and creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and providing them with detailed merchandise information and advice.
- Providing information to customers to help them select the best products.
- Take cash from customers and process transactions accurately & efficiently.
- Keeping up-to-date with all current promotions within the store.
- Identifying customers who need assistance on the shop floor.
- Operating the till and accurately counting and reconciling the till float.
- Being alert to thefts and fraudulent bank notes, cheques or credit cards.
- Accurately processing all methods of payment.
- Making sure the store is clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Identifying sales opportunities & trends & highlighting these to Sales Managers.
- Working as part of a team and assisting colleagues when necessary.
- Taking delivery of stock from suppliers or warehouse and storing appropriately.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs, without being overbearing.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Having a friendly & professional manner.
- Able to commit at short notice to overtime during busy trading periods.
- Aware of brand marketing, pricing and positioning.
- A proactive and passionate attitude towards sales.
- Have the ability to listen to the customer’s needs.
- Immaculate presentation, always well smartly dressed.
- Knowledge of cataloging and inventory techniques.
- Physically fit and able to walk around for long periods as well as do lifting.
University of …
Bachelor of Commercial 2010 - 2014
Available on request.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Customer care & service
Dealing with customer complaints
GNVQ in Retail and Distributive Services
First Aid qualified
Plenty of stamina